Kik App is widely used as Messages App nowadays. A great many Apple users would like to use Kik to chat with this handy app via sending pictures, texts, emojis, gifts, videos, etc. Undoubtedly, you are unlucky to lose kik messages or you just delete them by accident if you are reading this post. Don’t worry, It isn’t impossible to recover deleted kik messages on iPhone when you read this post. Remember not to turn your device off after data loss in case not to lose it permanently.
1. Why is it Possible to Get Kik Messages Back
Deleted kik messages aren’t actually removed as they are not saved on their servers. But you are not allowed to recover from iPhone directly, you can get them back from the backup files.
I don’t advice you to restore from iTunes/iCloud backup with the official way as the previous backups and data will be overwritten completely and you have no choice to recover only kik messages from the backup.
2. Retrieve Deleted Kik Messages on iPhone from Your FriendsChances are that you can contact with your friends whom you have chatted with recently to send the conversation history via taking a screenshot or any other ways. It is inconvenient but worth to try.
3. Selectively Recover Kik Messages from iPhone Without BackupMost users are not used to backing up their mobile devices, if you are one of them, you can try this way. With this iPhone Data Recovery, you’ll have access to and recover all the deleted Kik messages from iPhone. Beyond that, it helps iOS users retrieve up to XX types of data such as messages, photos, videos, WhatsApp data, Kik, Viber files, etc.
Steps to Retrieve Old Kik Messages on iPhone
Step 1. Click on the download button below to download Windows or Mac version of iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
Step 2. Launch the program, here are three recovery mode for your reference. Choose “Recover from iOS Device” mode as below, connect the iPhone to computer and it will soon be recognized by this program. And the program will start to scan your iPhone.
Step 3. After scanning, the deleted and existing kik messages will be listed in detail. You can selectively preview the scanning result in detail, select the Kik files you want to recover and click Recover button to save the selected files on computer.
4. Restore Kik Messages from iTunes Backup
Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and connect the iPhone to PC using an USB cable.
Step 2. When your iPhone icon appears on the top left corner of iTunes, click the icon and choose Restore Backup.
Step 3. You’ll be prompted to choose an iTunes backup according to date and size. Tap on Restore and the restoring process will start.
5. How to Back Up Kik Chats on iPhone
Not like WhatApp, Kik App doesn’t automatically make a backup of itself. Users are only allowed to view at lease 1000 chats within 48 hours. So it is quite necessary to back up Kik chat histories. Apple supplies 2 ways for users to create a backup: via iTunes and iCloud. How to Manually Back up iPhone with iTunes and iCloud?
Back Up with iTunes: Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer, connect your iPhone with computer and select it when it appears in iTunes. Just click Back Up Now and the iTunes will back up your device for a while.
Back Up with iCloud: Make sure that your iPhone is connected with Wifi network. Go to Settings-your user name-iCloud-scroll down to turn on iCloud Backup.
Only when users lost important files can they realize the importance data backup. So long as you make a backup of your iPhone data, you’ll never worry about any data loss due to any unexpected reasons.