At some time, you may want to make sure if someone blocked you on WhatsApp when you have no contact with someone for a long time, or in other cases, you hurt someone's sensibility by what you said. If you are exactly in the case, today's post will guide you on how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp.
The blacklister's profile picture will not change if he or she blocks you on WhatsApp. In other word, you cannot find any update on the profile pictures of the blacklister. Compared to other tips, it is the most straightforward one. And if you want to take this approach, just find a mutual friend of you and the person who may block you to verify it. But this indication is not completely accurate as the person may have changed the Privacy to Nobody, which means that no one can view any update of his or her info.
Send a message to the person that you need to verify. Chances are that you may have been in the WhatsApp block list if the message only shows one tick rather than two ticks or or colored blue ticks. It means that the message has been sent but never been delivered.
1. Open up WhatsApp on your iPhone, go to Options and click on "View Contact".
2. Click the option of "Pay for" from the View Contact Menu. If your friend has not blocked you on WhatsApp, just neglect this way. Or you will get a message of "XX is not able to receive a service extension from you, but thanks for trying to help your friend." Obviously, this message indicates that this person has put you in the block list.
Create a WhatsApp group named as "Text" and add the person to this group. If you have been blocked, the messages of "Couldn't Add XX" will pop up.
It can be basically confirmed that you have been blocked on WhatsApp if you could view these indications. However, it's not 100% guaranteed. There might be other possibilities as well.
You can prevent others from sending WhatsApp messages and calls to you via the way of adding his contacts to block list. Here is how you can do it:
1. Open WhatsApp and click on Settings > Privacy Settings > Blocked Contacts.
2. Click "Add Contact" to select the contacts you want to block.
3. If you want to block an unknown contact, simply find the chat history with the contact, tap "Block" from the top of the screen.
Some people are unwilling to change their iPhone after using them for a long time. One of the reasons are the messages saved on the WhatsApp. Actually, you can manually upload WhatsApp messages to iCloud for making a backup. Navigate to Settings on WhatsApp > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now, the WhatsApp chat history and media will be automatically backed up in iCloud in case you lose iPhone or switch to another phone.
By Edwin J. Parke
Posted on Jun 06, 2018, 16:22:12
As a professional writer who is interested in technology, Edwin J. Parke has helped thousands of users by offering various tips to solve their problems.